- Send queries to email@example.com
- All material must be pasted in the email.
- Format your subject line like this: the word “query”, then genre, then title.
- Address general queries to Mrs. Nobody, of the Unreal Agency. If you wish to query a particular volunteer, please address your query to them.
- If you choose to send sample pages, please limit yourself to the first chapter of your manuscript, or 5,000 words.
- If you have a question for us, please ask via email or Twitter instead of commenting here: we don’t update this site unless there’s a new event, we publish a new report, or our submission rules have changed.
How to make us love you even more:
- Please be kind to other writers. Although we respond to every query, we appreciate you limiting yourself to one submission at a time. Feel free to switch back and forth between projects, but please wait for a reply before sending a new query.
- We’d like to track your progress! It will help us give you better feedback. If possible, please help us group emails by clicking “reply” to requery a project, and by clicking “compose” or “new” to query us with a new project.
Accepted genres/markets may change, as with any real agency. In our case, it’s because Query Drill is entirely run by volunteers, who have varying expertise.
We are currently open to book-length works in the following categories:
- All adult fiction, except for the Christian market